- Make sure that your computer is safe by having an antivirus and a firewall installed.
- Remove unused themes and plugins.
- If you ‘re gonna use a file manager, always connect using secure connection like sftp or ssh.
- Use strong passwords for WordPress admin. A strong password must be at least 12 alphanumerics characters, must contain numbers and punctuation marks. You can use an online password generator. (click here) . The password must be change regularly at least once a month.
- Change the admin username to something else.
- Install a firewall plugin.
- Last but not least, backup regularly and always keep offline backups.
- Keep WordPress files, themes and plugins updated.
You want to learn more regarding your website safety. Read our article “Best security practices for WordPress website owners“